Heart Work: Top 15 Characteristics For Your Future Husband
Here is an assignment I have given to many of my girls in my Youth Group. I’ve enjoyed their reactions, the things they have written, and the twinkle in their eye as they think of their future husband. Now it’s your turn to think about these qualities.
1) Write your top 10 characteristics you want in your future husband…GO!
2) Now cross off 3..yes you have to!
3) Okay, now cross 4 more!! I know…I know…just do it.
4) You are now looking at the top 3 things that your mate MUST have. The other things are a want but now you get an idea of what is MOST important to you.
Wait a minute…didn’t I write Top 15 characteristics? Yes, I did. Now you are going to write the Top 5 Spiritual qualities you want in your husband. Did you write any in your Top 10 characteristics? Experience has told me…probably not…loll. It’s ok you are not alone. This may be something you never really gave thought to. Here are some qualities to think about:
1) Prayer Warrior– Will he be able to pray for me when I am sick or when we are going though things?
2) Bible Geek (I mean this with the upmost respect…lol)- Can he quote scripture without having to have the bible present or a have a serious hunger to learn about the Word of God?
3) Mighty Worshipper– Is he a gifted singer/instrumentalist or have a passion for worship music that pulls you right in?
4) Gifted Teacher– Can he explain things to you in a way no one has or is he able to bring a deeper level of understanding to those around him?
5) Holyfire Evangelist– Can he fearlessly stand out in a crowd and bring the gospel to different kinds of people or does he easily open up communication with strangers on the street just to spread the gospel?
6) Humble Servant– Does he find ways to give back to his community or volunteer at various ministries?
7) Generous Giver– Does he give away money to help those in need or organize fundraisers to help support different groups?
These are just some qualities to think about. There may be others that I haven’t mentioned or thought about. Feel free to add whatever you like and know would be a necessity for your future family. Enjoy!!
Jesus, family, ministry, and lots of coffee! My heart comes from being a young teen girl who didn’t know much and found Jesus in a dark time. My ministry focuses on the heart of God for this generation to make Godly decisions especially in the area of purity. A blog for all ages because God’s Word is eternal and has no age limit!